The rose is the national flower of England. It is classic, timeless and represents British culture going back to the Tudors. With Valentine’s Day coming up this week the shops are filled with this beautiful flower in a variety of vibrant colours. (Although personally white roses are my absolute favourite!) But did you know the benefits rose can have in your beauty products? In the spirit of Valentine’s Day I am going to share with you some interesting ways this ingredient can enhance your beauty regime.
- Antibacterial – brilliant in cleansers and face washes to remove any dirt and bacteria from the skin.
- Anti-inflammatory – reduces swollen spots and redness on the skin. The calming properties are great for soothing rosecea and eczema.
- Anti-oxidants – high in vitamin C so helps prevent the skin from damaging.
- Moisturising – locks in moisture to the skin. The sugars in the petals are also soothing for sensitive skin making it a brilliant ingredient for all skin types.
- Naturally fragrant – therefore no need to put in any artificial fragrances in beauty products making them more natural.
- Toning – can tighten pores and restore your glowing complexion.
There are lots of beauty products with rose as an ingredient on the market but below are a couple of my favourite picks.
I love micellar waters to remove make up before cleansing. They are a genius product and this one is no exception. The rose in this product helps to soothe the skin as the makeup is removed. It has a light rose scent but nothing too powerful. It is perfect to remove eye makeup quickly and efficiently without irritating this delicate area.
This product smells AMAZING! I love the exfoliating scrubs from The Body Shop. They all smell pretty good and leave the skin feeling smooth. I know a rose scent isn’t for everyone but this scrub has an almost sweet smell to it so it isn’t overpowering. A great treat for your legs before shaving!
My lips tend to get really dry in the Winter especially when it is as cold as it has been in the UK over the last couple of weeks. The rose in this product locks in the moisture keeping the lips soft and nourished. The balm itself is pink but it doesn’t add any colour, just enhances the lips natural rosiness.
This fragrance landed in the February Glossybox and the way I would describe it is ‘chic’. There is no doubt that rose is heavily featured in this scent but it is mixed with other notes to give it an elegant and classic aroma. It is floral, light and a great daytime perfume.
If you know of any other products I should try please leave a comment below. And don’t miss Wednesday’s post about what tools to use to apply foundation.
I hope you all have a lovely Valentine’s Day with your loved ones, be it partner, family or friends.